Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Front walls and stairwell

I don't want to throw pictures up here every day, but I do want there to be some visible progress from post to post. I could just do a before and after or a monthly update, but seeing each little part (roof, stairs, walls, tiling, doors, windows, etc.) will be fun to look at.
The rooms on the first floor are getting there. Now we can see where the doors and windows will be. That empty space is the stairwell.
Dad sent us some photos from the apartment this week. It appears that they have finished the walls on the first floor and are starting the bottom halves of the walls on the second floor already.
This looks to me to be the wall in the stairwell on the second floor. Rough, but soon to look like the photo below from the first floor.
Before you know it, the window people will be there installing our windows ;) Seeing the door holes and window holes, I am led to wonder how precise the measurements are? Is it a perfect square measured to fit the window perfectly or is it about the right size and they will add "spacers" or something to make the window level and snug within the hole in the wall? I guess I just answered my own question, haha. If it was built perfect size, I guess they'd have to build the wall around the window ;)
First floor stairwell
Dad always does good to get a photo from out on the road, through the fence. I'll always try to put the most recent one at the end of each update :)
You can see from this most recent photo of the apartment that the first floor is taking shape and the second floor walls are going up between rooms.


1 comment:

mardenheyjude said...

Guy and Pae: Just keep the pictures coming. I love to see the progress. It is just amazing to see your apartment being built step by step. On the windows and doors, I think the contractor measures the windows and doors and then makes the hole the size of the window and door. (That is the way it is done here in the US) Anyway, the apartment building is looking good. Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...