Sunday, November 24, 2013

Three Bangkok Marathons in Two Years

Sometimes I forget that we ran the Bangkok Marathon 2011 in February of 2012 because of the floods here in Bangkok. I looked back at all of the photos we've gotten from race photographers and I thought it would be funny to look at a collage of our past three Bangkok Marathons.

Our first one of course was quite anti-climactic, but memorable! For both of us it was our first and we ran it together. We finished in a miserable 5:17 and felt every ounce of pain the final 10-12km. We still laugh when we think of our faces as captured by the photographers near the finish line.
Our second one was much better and we both ran under 4 hours. Eric ran a smooth, steady race but I started too fast and paid at the end. I was feeling good though when the bridge photo was taken.

Our third one was just this past Sunday. We both knocked 10+ minutes off of our personal bests and had solid runs.

Can't wait to start training for our fourth Bangkok Marathon!

3 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Maybe someday You and Eric can come to the U.S. and run either the Chicago Marathon or the Boston Marathon. Wouldn't that be awesome. Love always, Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

I'd love to run a big marathon in the states...If I had the qualifying time, Boston would be my top choice ;) Still 17 minutes and 17 seconds off of that BQ time! For a 40-44 year old male, I'm not sure I'm up to the training to run a 3:15:00 marathon, especially in the heat of Bangkok. BUT...once I reach 45 years old, the BQ time goes to 3:25:00...I CAN DO THAT!! I hope to be healthy around that time and make an assault on 3:25:00 and get Pae and I a couple round trip tickets to BOSTON!! Does that sound like cheating??? Waiting for a jump in age category? Hahahaha!! 2017 Boston Marathon or Bust!!

mardenheyjude said...

Doesn't sound like cheating to me. See you both in 2017. I will meet you at Logan, take you to our house, be at the starting line to cheer you on, and at the finish line to celebrate. Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...