Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Family - Long Time No See

We just got back from our trip to the states and blog posts for each of the cities we visited are forthcoming. One of the great things about our visit was the fact that Pae was finally able to meet so much of the family for the first time ever. She had previously met some of the Utah side of the family in Hawaii and when Dad Carl came for our wedding.

I was able to see family members for the first time in more than 2 years, 7 years, 9 years and even 20+ years!!

Here are just a couple pictures of the mini reunions...a select few. All of the others I'll include in the blog posts about Florida and Chicago ;)

Dad Carl- Haven't seen Dad since our wedding in 2011 (2 years). Was great for him to be able to attend our wedding and just as great to see him for a short amount of time in Chicago with many of the other Uda kids. Grateful that he was able to fit Chicago into his work travels.

Anne- Haven't seen Anne since my university graduation in 2004 (9 years). Since then she's been to Afghanistan in the Army and had a few kids! Worried about her a lot when she was at war, so it was nice to give her a big brother hug. Proud of her.

Mom Betsy- Mom picked me and Pae up at the airport. I hadn't seen her since 2006 (7 years) when I went to Germany for work with Deloitte. Since then Mom has completed her Bachelors and Masters degrees!!! Way to go Mom! Thanks for driving so much when we were in Florida and for juggling work to be able to spend time with us.

Dad Bill- Now, I haven't seen Bill since I came home on leave with the Marines in 1991 (22 years). He told me that I hadn't been home for so long that he was convinced that I was working for the CIA. Haha, I wish ;) Dad has since retired from 28 years with Florida Department of Corrections. Thanks for letting us stay at your place and for showing us so much nature and sharing the Florida that I remember from growing up with us.

And the grand daddy of them all, I haven't seen Aunt Mare since I was in diapers (40+ years)! So really, this was more of a first meeting up near Chicago. So lucky to have been able to see Aunt Mare and her son Frankie(y) while visiting with Anne. Thanks for the awesome pizza and for welcoming us like we had known each other for our whole lives.

The End ;)

2 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Whoa!I didn't realize you'd never really met your aunt before! That's pretty cool that you got to spend some time with her. You can totally tell she is related to your mom :)And congrats to Betsy! I can't believe she got her masters degree. She is amazing!

Anyway, Sure love and miss you and Pae. We have a pile sky high of art work that Brooklyn has made for Pae since you left and her and Lily both keep asking when you're coming back. Lily even sang herself to sleep yesterday singing about her lovely uncle Piss :) Miss you bro.

mardenheyjude said...

I am happy that you were able to visit with family that you haven't seen in ages and that Pae was able to meet some of the very large family that you have.

Your Dad Carl looks great as does your Mom Betsy. Your Dad Billy looks ok but he sure isn't the Billy I knew back in the day. I am glad you got to spend some time with him. I got a kick out of his comment about thinking you worked for the CIA. He isn't the only one who thought that. As a matter of fact, there are a few of your Mom Betsy's siblings that still think that.

I am sad that I was not able to get myself to Florida or Chicago while you both were there. Someday I will plan a trip to Thailand. I am always telling your Mom Betsy that we should save our money and make a trip to Thailand in 2015.

I look forward to your future blog posts about Florida and Chicago.

Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...