Monday, May 13, 2013

The 2013-2014 School Year Opens Tomorrow

The new school year is here and with that the new first graders and new high schoolers will come back from summer vacation tomorrow. The other students come back later in the week. As I was at school last week cleaning up one of the computers of a teacher who resigned, I found a couple pictures that I hadn't seen.

When a teacher comes in with a camera (when I'm teaching), I tend to either ignore them and try to get the kids back focused on me, or I just stand there doing something stupid or make a fake serious face so they don't get any good photos ;) The school likes to send teachers into our classes to take photos, then suddenly one day you see your photo up on a banner advertising the school somewhere, without asking your permission...so we give them a hard time about it, haha!

This day, it appears, the fifth graders and I were going over some of the body systems using the anatomical dummy. These lessons are always in the beginning of the first term so the kids are able to get out all the giggles before we hit sex education in health class a little later in the semester. I do actually laugh a lot and look a little less scary, but again, there was a photographer roaming the back of the classroom so I was acting stupid.

So, here we go again! Soon I'll embark on my seventh year of teaching elementary school students (our 6th grade is technically middle school back home if I remember correctly). Wish us a good year of learning and growing!!

1 comment:

mardenheyjude said...

Good Luck in your seventh year of teaching elementary school students. The students are lucky to have such a "cool" teacher.
Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...