Friday, January 11, 2013

Spontaneity

Well, I'm supposed to be in a mini resting period from running...and there I found myself, an hour or so ago, clicking "Yes, I will attend" on an invitation to run a long run with one of the running clubs that I run with on occasion! I guess I'm a little hooked or crazy or something.

The best part is that the run is TOMORROW, like, less than 15 hours from now! It's been given the name The Bangkok Runners Ultra Marathon 55.5km (HaHaHa Run). I've not run much in the new year. I've not been hydrating or eating well the past week or weeks. I'm in trouble! Haha!

So, the run is celebrating out club president's last day of being 55 years old...so the run is 55.5 kilometers long, begins at 5:55 in the morning, costs 55 baht to participate (to buy a gift for Iain) and has a cut off time of 5:55 in the evening. If you haven't seen a pattern here...Bangkok Runners is full of goofballs. The word "five" in Thai is "ha"...so it's a "fun" run of 55.5 km or "ha ha ha"...anyway...

I'm going to goal myself a finishing time of 5hours 55 minutes 55 seconds. I probably won't beat that time, but I sure will give it a try...

**Yoda ringing in my head, "Do or do not, there is no try!"

Okay, okay Master Yoda, I WILL FINISH IN 5:55:55!

22+ laps around Lumpini Park in Bangkok...I may just go a little crazy by the end of the run!

2 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Guy: Good luck on your first run of 2013. Love always, Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

Thanks Auntie! It may be a slow one, but I'll put the miles in just to get some time on my feet! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...