Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kangaroos in Perth

Before this post, I'd like to say that I don't like the new format of Blogger, not as easy to post as before, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Anyway, Pae was in Perth lately for some flights. The hotel she stays at in Perth is in the boonies and super far away from everything and they are pretty much stuck in the hotel the whole time they are there. The one cool thing that the hotel has going for it is that it has a golf course and the fairways are full of kangaroos!
How much more Australian can you get than kangaroos! I was in Australia for some joint operations with the Aussie Army and I never once saw a live kangaroo. Kinda disappointing, especially since the only ones I did see were road kill.
So Pae and her friends grabbed some bikes from the hotel and cruised around the property on a kangaroo hunt! It was Easter weekend so there were plenty of bunnies and chicks in the hotel lobby, petting zoo of sorts set up for the holiday, but the kangaroos seem to be the draw for visitors once they've rested from their travels.
The kangaroos just hopped around mowing (eating) the fairway grass as well as the rough and did their part by leaving behind natures original fertilizer.
The kangaroo is a funny looking animal when you really get a good look at it! Not exactly soft and cuddly looking like Australia's koala. The kangaroo seems so much more "angular" (well, angular and rounded both at the same time actually!)
I got all of these pictures from Pae's travel buddy Nan. I'm not sure that Pae took her camera on that day. I do like the fact that the hotel made them wear head protection! I'd say it was more for not getting kicked in the head by an angry kangaroo than to protect against a bike crash ;)
Perth is definitely not among Pae's favorite cities to fly into and stay the night at, but the kangaroos made this trip a fun one for her and her friends. I'm waiting for her to send me some pictures of wombats, koalas, dingos and Tasmanian devils!!!
I wonder how the golfers feel about the kangaroos out there in the middle of the fairway! Well, the kids from Thailand certainly don't mind them!

3 comments:

Tau said...

Very cool. So I guess they really don't box people. Australia looks awesome.

Tau said...

Dope! I thought kangaroos boxed? Australia looks awesome.

mardenheyjude said...

Cute kangaroos. I bet the golfers don't think they are cute. Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...