Friday, April 13, 2012

Officially Mr. and Mrs. Uda ;)

We had our wedding ceremony last year, May 7th, but we were finally able to go to the district office and make our marriage legal and official on April 11th! Yay! We went to the local district office called "Bangrak" which has the word "love" in the name of the district. It is a very popular place to sign the marriage documents and register as a married couple. We don't live anywhere near the Bangrak district, we actually live in Wangthonglang I think, but you can register your marriage in any district, making Bangrak a very popular place for couples to register.

It took us almost four hours to complete the process after arriving at Bangrak. Imagine Valentine's Day when, this year, more than 900 couples registered their marriages at Bangrak on that day alone!!We made it through all of the paperwork and confirmations and authentications and whatever else they did during that four hours and now we're married and officially Mr. and Mrs. Uda.

I think now my tax burden has gone up because now I will add Pae's income and it will move me from the 10% Thai tax bracket to the 25% or 35% bracket!! Leave it to an accountant to think about that huh?! I'll type another quick blog later that will have some helpful information and tips for those headed to the district office armed with only the information and requirements given on the district office's website.

4 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Hooray for being official!!! Boo for higher taxes though :(

Tau said...

That is a cool looking certificate. I don't think ours looks quite as nice. Maybe the states should do something more special. Congrats again to the wonderful couple!

Liz Uda Mucci said...

I guess I kind of feel the same. ha ha me and tony eloped in Vegas but everyone waited till we were sealed a year later to really be excited for us or count it as official. ha ha ha jk but I know that feeling for the paperwork. I did mine in vegas where there were a million people waiting to tie the knot. Congrats on being official.. Yay Mr. and Mrs. Uda

mardenheyjude said...

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Uda.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...