Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sydney Mardi Gras 2012

Pae's latest batch of photos from her life as a flight attendant are from Sydney, Australia. Before I talk about the photos, you should know that it is a pretty rare occasion that she is able or willing to go out and have a good time. Sleep is very valuable to a flight attendant and Pae tries to maximize that when possible.Sydney holds an annual gay pride parade and it's called Sydney Mardi Gras. Now, I've never been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, but it always looks like a total party! I have, however, been to several LGBTQI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex) parades in Boston and NYC. Let me tell you something, the Gay and Lesbian community know how to put on a parade! Those two parades were to two funnest, most interesting parades I'd ever been to in my life! So, when Pae told me that she was going to the parade, I knew that she would have a good experience. Here are some of the pictures from her friend's camera that they took on that rainy parade day.So Pae and her friends dressed up a little in whatever they could find or buy on the streets heading out to the parade. Heck yeah! Hats, Feather Boas and Giant Golden Bows always bring out the PARTY in people!They got there late, so they had to rent stools for ten dollars to stand on behind the front rows and take in the celebration from their costly perches. I think they had a good time and I'm glad that Pae got the experience.

1 comment:

mardenheyjude said...

They really put on a good parade in Sydney. The costumes (or lack of them) are awesome and everyone is certainly having a great time. Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...