Today, March 20th, marks my fifth year in Thailand. FIVE YEARS doesn't sound like a long time, but considering I've been a "wanderer" for much of my life, well, it is. Consider this...
The longest I've worked at one job:
- 5 years - Yamsaard School
- 5 years - United States Marine Corps
- 2.5 years - Deloitte
The longest I've lived at one residence continuously:
- 5 years - Apartment, Bangkok, Thailand (2007-2012)
- 4 years - Trailer, Immokalee, FL (1984-1988)
- 3 years - Rented room, Honolulu, HI (1994-1997)
- 2.5 years - Marine barracks, Kaneohe Bay, HI (1991-1994)
Those are some pretty loose dates and I'm pretty sure the residence information considers homes as a child as well as perhaps a combined 5 years in the 360 South, Provo house over five separate stays.
So yeah, I'm pretty much starting to settle down after 20+ adult years of wandering! Home is truly where the heart is and I feel perfectly at home here! We may try to move out of our little apartment eventually though as we'd like to get a dog ;)
August 16, 2017
7 months ago