Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Growing Roots

Today, March 20th, marks my fifth year in Thailand. FIVE YEARS doesn't sound like a long time, but considering I've been a "wanderer" for much of my life, well, it is. Consider this...

The longest I've worked at one job:

- 5 years - Yamsaard School
- 5 years - United States Marine Corps
- 2.5 years - Deloitte

The longest I've lived at one residence continuously:

- 5 years - Apartment, Bangkok, Thailand (2007-2012)
- 4 years - Trailer, Immokalee, FL (1984-1988)
- 3 years - Rented room, Honolulu, HI (1994-1997)
- 2.5 years - Marine barracks, Kaneohe Bay, HI (1991-1994)

Those are some pretty loose dates and I'm pretty sure the residence information considers homes as a child as well as perhaps a combined 5 years in the 360 South, Provo house over five separate stays.

So yeah, I'm pretty much starting to settle down after 20+ adult years of wandering! Home is truly where the heart is and I feel perfectly at home here! We may try to move out of our little apartment eventually though as we'd like to get a dog ;)

4 comments:

Liz Uda Mucci said...

Congrats on your acheivement of being in one place for 5 years... that is awesome... Although I do want you to come back to the US... so you are closer so we can play

mardenheyjude said...

It sounds like Thailand is now going to be your home forever. Hopefully You & Pae will someday make a trip back to the U.S. and I will get to meet your wife and see you again. When I think of it, I have not seen you in person since you were like 6 years old. Love always, Auntie

HWinfojunkie said...

Wow! You are a wanderer! I bet it feels good though to settle down in one place. I lived in the same place my whole life except for the mish before I married Munro. In our 10 years of marriage I think we've moved 11 times! I'm longing to settle down for a while myself. Love ya Broski!
-Raeski

HWinfojunkie said...

Wow! You are a wanderer! I bet it feels good though to settle down in one place. I lived in the same place my whole life except for the mish before I married Munro. In our 10 years of marriage I think we've moved 11 times! I'm longing to settle down for a while myself. Love ya Broski!
-Raeski

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...