Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Faces of Pain

After searching around the Internet, on local runners web boards and the like, I found one thing that I liked about the photos I found was the faces of the runners. These past two races were my first two ever; in the Marine Corps, we ran not as a competition but to measure ourselves for promotion and basic fitness and torture by our superiors ;)I put together this collage of some of the photos I got off the running sites of recent races. Most of the photographers stage themselves in the final kilometer of the race, so the faces you see reflect both distance and effort. Marathoners are probably in their 41st kilometer and bodies are energy starved. Half marathoners have been putting in more effort over the shorter distance and nearing 21 kilometers (13 miles) they are putting in that last bit of effort, all they have left. For the 10K runners, they've mostly been going 80% to full bore the whole race and are trying to muster the strength and lungs to finish strong and catch that one last person in front of them to improve their overall place. The 5K people (in the races I ran in) are actually just in the way, hahaha, but I guess that's why it's called a "Fun Run"...One photo I found, of a guy finishing the 10K race was really impressive...this guy has a breathing tube hanging out of his neck! Awesome to see people, wherever they finish, out there challenging themselves!

3 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

The photos are amazing, especially the one of the man with the breathing tube. Love always, Auntie

Liz Uda Mucci said...

dang. that breathing tube pic is awesome. Very inspiring. and makes me feel like a fattie just sitting around saying "I cant do it."

Pae and Guy said...

You can do it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...