Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pre-Marathon - Can't Sleep

Less than nine hours until the marathon and I can't sleep. It's such an early start time, 3:00 AM, that it makes planning food and sleep difficult, especially after working today...I did take half day off though, so I was able to relax a little. But still, I can't sleep...The plan was to leave school early, sleep from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM and then wake up, eat a good meal and prepare for the marathon.

Meeting Eric at his house at 1:00 AM in order to make it to the start/finish line by 2:00 AM. Stretch, warm up, eat a banana, drink some caffeine, a couple trips to the toilet...then we should be off. Maybe I'll be able to get a small nap between now and then. I know every little thing will add up during the course of 42 kilometers to make you suffer! I thought the heat, my conditioning, my knee, my digestive system, and my nerves (basically the overall mental and physical challenge of running a marathon) were gonna be plenty to allow me to suffer! I guess we can add in "lack of sleep"! Hahaha! I guess if it don't hurt, I didn't try hard enough!!

It's all good. By November's marathon we shouldn't be working Saturdays anymore...unless we have another three month long flood...knock wood.

3 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Good luck! Love always, Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

Thanks, Auntie! I'm sure it'll be an experience of a lifetime!

Naomi Hanks said...

As long as you got some pretty good sleep the night before, you should be ok. Most people don't sleep well the night before a big race :) Good luck with everything brother! We're routin for ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...