Monday, February 6, 2012

My running shoes are about to be replaced

My running shoes are going to make it to the marathon and that's about it. I've put a good amount of distance on them and I can feel them getting old (not wearing old, but running old).

Knowing this and being in Hong Kong, stinking shopping capital of the world, I set out to find a new pair of shoes. I knew exactly what I wanted, it was just a matter of finding them. We went from Kowloon to the Causeway Bay district of Hong Kong Island and found a Gigasports store where I'd find my new toys at.I've been wanting a pair of Vibram FiveFingers shoes for quite a while and Pae took me to find them at Times Square! Meet my new KSOs, digging the orange, digging the fit, digging the price, digging the fact that I finally found them! The store even threw in a pair of Virbam toe socks hahaha.
Well, after the marathon I'll slowly work my way into my new KSOs...as not to put my muscles into shock...using new muscle groups to run "barefoot" and all. So, my marathon shoes will still get a little work while I work towards wearing my Vibram FiveFingers exclusively. I guess "exclusively" might not be right. I'll need to buy another pair of traditional running shoes I think...More shopping!

3 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Your new shoes are wicked pissah. I gotta get me a pair.
Love always, Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

Hahaha! Auntie, if there's one New Englander (Bostonian) term that always makes me chuckle, it's "wicked pissah" hahahaha! Love you!

Tau said...

I thought about getting those to play outdoor volleyball. But I don't play enough to justify buying them. Bro good luck with the marathon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...