Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crime and Punishment

Sometimes I wish I could tape the mouths of certain students, but of course I can't and don't and wouldn't actually do it. I WOULD however tape them to their seats. Lots of the younger kids have the bad habit of just getting up in the middle of class and going walkabout.Unlike the foreign teachers, Thai teachers have all the tools of "discipline" at their disposal ;) This kid spoke badly about a teacher and was overheard. I think he called one of the fat teachers "fat" and it didn't go over well. Today is his first day of a two day sentence. Punishment- she taped his mouth shut.

2 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Dude! You would so get arrested for doing that here... but how I wish I could tape the mouths of my students sometimes!

Pae and Guy said...

Absolutely, and I think the same probably holds true if one of us foreigners did that to a Thai student, at least we would have a good talking to. The Thai teachers though still hit the kids, mostly to get their attention when they're being wieners. The ruler on the palm of the hand makes the weekly appearance as well, but the kids just think that's funny. I just stare at them with scary crazy eyes when they are disrupting class ;) Hahaha, nah, they're just kids...gotta give them a little leeway to be kids, little rats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...