Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Speedy!!

Last night we headed to the gym for some running and cardio; Pae did the running and I got the heart and lungs working on the elliptical.

I did my 30km on the elliptical, trying to keep my speed at around 30kmh, which kept me at a decent heart rate. Good workout, especially since I'm still unable to endure the pain associated with running.

After hopping off of the elliptical and stretching a bit, I strolled over to see how much longer Pae had to run. I figured she was just about done with her 5k since her warm up and normal 5k time combined are somewhere around 50 minutes. I saw her distance was already to 5.5k so I assumed she was going to do the 6k again. She looked at me and excitedly said, "Can you believe I'm not tired yet?"

I stretched some more and ran back over when I thought she would be finishing her 6k, to give a little extra "You can do it" support, but Pae just kept going! Okay, surely she would stop at 6.5 or even 7 kilometers...

Huh! She kept going, pushing past 7k. The arch of her left foot started to hurt around 7k so she decided to stop at 7.5. Pae just ran seven and a half kilometers, 1.5 farther than she ever ran before!

She set the treadmill for a 7kph pace and ran it the whole way. Her 7k time, obviously, was four seconds more than an hour since the treadmill takes a few seconds to get up to speed. She finished a relaxed last half kilo in 4:16 for a total 7.5k time of 64:20! Not bad for the first time she pushed past 6k!

I know she's got some distance in her! I call her "Speedy" now, though she insists that it's a misnomer since she's breaking DISTANCE personal bests, not SPEED PBs. Yeah, she's right, but Speedy is just more catchy! 10k here she comes! hahaha!

2 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Pae, you are doing great. When I work out on the treadmill I am lucky if I can walk fast never mind run. Keep up the good work. It is great to hear that you are doing so well. Guy, continue to take good care of your knee (s). Hope you feel much better soon. Love always, Auntie

Naomi Hanks said...

Go! Pae! Go! You are on fire girl! Keep it up and pretty soon you'll be running marathons together :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...