Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Foto - July 8, 2011

I know, I posted this on Facebook recently, but every time I pass McDonald's in the mall and see this little popcorn display, I just can't help laughing.As if they don't already provide us enough junk that is OOOOOOOOOOH so yummy but OOOOH so bad for our bodies! I have so far resisted the temptation to buy a bag of the McPopcorn, but I know it's gonna happen pretty soon. I'm convinced (though I haven't tried it yet) that it's cooked in pork lard or something, or covered in caffeinated imitation butter. Either way, its buttery yumminess calls to me in my dreams!! If it's anything like their fries... Forget the popcorn, bring back the McRib!!!

I remember, back in the early 90's, in Louisiana, I had Cajun wings, way before McD's started selling fried chicken. I remember Samurai burgers in Korea. Malaysia has the Prosperity Burger and we have the Teriyaki pork burger, corn pies, pineapple pies and tuna pies and I think I've seen coconut pies sold as well. They sell the Majaraja burger in the middle east. They used to have SPAM and Portuguese sausage in the Big Breakfast in Hawaii when I was there! They sell BEER in some European McD's also!!

Any interesting regional menu items or even McPopcorn in your local store??

2 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

Never seen McPopcorn or beer sold at McD's here. I gotta say McBeer sounds "pissah" to me. Living here in New England the only unusual menu items I can think of right now are "Lobstah" Ice Cream and "Lobstah" Martini. They both taste wicked good. Both of you have a wonderful weekend. Love always,, Auntie

Beccarigg said...

"I have so far resisted the temptation to buy a bag of the McPopcorn, but I know it's gonna happen pretty soon. "

Why can't I stop laughing over that? You are too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...