Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Foto - June 17, 2011

Clothes hanging out the windows on poles to dry. I mentioned in a previous post that I felt Singapore lacked personality. I think little things like this add to the personality aspect of a city. This isn't the best photo cuz I just whipped out my phone quickly and snapped.As I sat at taking this picture out of the window of the bus we were on, my friend's third grade daughter asked, her voice seemingly echoing through the entire bus packed with locals, "Why do they hang their clothes outside of their window? That's stupid!" All of the Singaporeans on the bus tried not to stare, but you could feel their gaze as I tried to quietly explain to her in that awkward moment.

2 comments:

Tau said...

That is cool. Is it like that all around town? Crazy...It's pretty new to a country bumpkin like me ;)

Pae and Guy said...

I didn't actually see A LOT of this, but enough "pockets" of this type of apartment complex.

I've been here in Thailand more than four years already and I haven't used a clothes dryer once in that time. All hang dry, which often means your clothes get rained on and you either wear them smelling like mildew or you cough up another 20 baht to rewash them!

That's life in these parts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...