Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yamsaard English Program Year 2550

This is more for me, just so I have these pictures somewhere of my first group of students and coworkers teaching at the Ladprao campus.

When I came to Thailand, I worked as an English teacher, teaching English to first graders and conversation classes from first to sixth grade at our Rangsit campus, out in the middle of a swamp. I went back there yesterday and the area is growing, but it's still a bit swampish. The campus is very very peaceful though, lots of trees and flowers, a fountain, etc.

After six months of Rangsit campus, an position for a science teacher opened at the Ladprao campus. Our old teacher was going back to the states, so I jumped at the opportunity to teach closer to home and smaller classes. At the time the classes were smaller! Now they're about the same size as the Rangsit classes.I believe these photos came from a yearbook type publication that the school sends to the parents. That year I was third grade homeroom, Andrew was first grade and Rovelyn was second grade.Malcolm was the sixth grade homeroom, Anne fifth grade and Kenneth, although he teaches in a different program, was assigned as homeroom to the fourth graders. This was in the year 2550 (2007) so I can't be certain who was homeroom for which class! Getting old! It's not 2554 (2011) and three of the six of us are still here, Malcolm, Kenneth and me.

3 comments:

Tau said...

Looks like there are several Americans teaching English there, what a great program.

Pae and Guy said...

I think the most Americans we've had teaching at one time was two. Now we have a Scot, a Dane, and five Filipinos, and me. Turnover with westerners is high, but the three of us whiteys have been here for over 4 years each...so the spine/guts of the program is solid and stable.

Tau said...

Freakin westerners...no dedication.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...