Monday, January 24, 2011

A little early for Valentine's Day เรื่องมหัศจรรย์

I posted this on Facebook earlier. It's been since 2006 since Pae and I met, and since 2007 since I've lived here in Bangkok. This "slideshow" done with the bare basics Windows Movie Maker is set to a song called "Miracle" in Thai. **I know Apple has some awesome video editing and making software. I'll make the switch someday!

The lyrics translated are something like "There are millions of people in the world, but we met and we love each other. It's a miracle that we met, it's a miracle that I can love you" etc. This is Lula's "swing" version of the original song. Many of the pictures perhaps only have meaning to Pae and I, so don't worry if you're like "Why did he put that picture in there?" haha. If the video doesn't work you can click the link above to see it on youtube.

I disagree with some of the punctuation placement in the translation below, but what do I know right?!! Example, when they say "It's the most miracle thing I have ever met. You...hm...are a miracle." I think the period should be placed after "you" to make it "It's the biggest miracle ever that I met you. It's a miracle." Or it's an artistic combination of the two sentences, using "YOU" twice, once at the end of the first sentence, and to begin the second sentence as well...again though, who am I to argue with a Thai translator!!
video
บนโลกนี้มีคนเป็นล้านคน ทุกคนมีเป็นล้านใจ The world has millions of people. Every person has million of thoughts.

ฉันก็ไม่ใช่ใครก็แค่คนหนึ่ง I am just the only person in this world.

โลกเราดูช่างกว้างใหญ่ ท้องฟ้าดูช่างกว้างไกล The world looks so huge for us. The sky seems so far away.

เธอแปลกใจบ้างไหม Don't you have any surprises.

มันเป็นเรื่องบังเอิญหรือตั้งใจ มันเกิดขึ้นจริงๆหรือฝันไป It is co-incidence or intentional. It is reality or just a dream.

ที่เรานั้นได้พบกันที่บนโลกนี้ It's fated for us to meet each other in this world.

ไม่รู้จะพูดมันอย่างไร หมดทั้งหัวใจที่ฉันมี ฉันเชื่อว่าสิ่งนี้... We do not know how to explain. But whole of my heart has, I believe this thing is...

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่เราได้พบกัน A miracle that we can come across each other.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่ฉันได้รักเธอ Its a miracle that I am able to love you.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่สุดที่ฉันเคยได้เจอ It's the most miracle thing I have ever met.

เธอ...ฮืมม... คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ You......Hm... are a miracle.

วันที่ฉันบอกรักเธอ เหมือนฉันนั้นได้เจอทุกสิ่ง The day when I say I love you. As though I can see the whole thing.

เหมือนฉันได้พบความจริงในหัวใจ As though I can see the truth in my heart.

ฉันจะยืนอยู่ข้างเธอ นับตั้งแต่นี้ไป และจะไม่ไปไหน I will stand by next to you. Counting from now on and won't be leaving.

มันเป็นเรื่องบังเอิญหรือตั้งใจ มันเกิดขึ้นจริงๆหรือฝันไป It is co-incidence or intentional. It is reality or just a dream.

ที่เรานั้นได้พบกันที่บนโลกนี้ It's fated for us to meet each other in this world.

ไม่รู้จะพูดมันอย่างไร หมดทั้งหัวใจที่ฉันมี ฉันเชื่อว่าสิ่งนี้...We do not know how to explain. But whole of my heart has, I believe this thing is...

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่เราได้พบกัน A miracle that we can come across each other.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่ฉันได้รักเธอ Its a miracle that I am able to love you.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่สุดที่ฉันเคยได้เจอ It's the most miracle thing I have ever met.

เธอ...ฮืมม... คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ You......Hm... are a miracle.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่เราได้พบกัน A miracle that we can come across each other.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่ฉันได้รักเธอ Its a miracle that I am able to love you.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่สุดที่ฉันเคยได้เจอ It's the most miracle thing I have ever met.

เธอ...ฮืมม... คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ ที่เราได้พบกัน You......Hm. It's miracle that we can come across each other.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่ฉันได้รักเธอ Its a miracle that I am able to love you.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ที่สุดที่ฉันเคยได้เจอ It's the most miracle thing I have ever met.

ฮืมม... คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ Hm... It's a miracle.

คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์..คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์..คือเรื่องมหัศจรรย์ Hm... It's a miracle. It's a miracle.

5 comments:

Tau said...

Nice job man...way to make all the other guys look bad. I'm playin. I'm sure Pae loves it. U guys got a lot of pics.

mardenheyjude said...

OMG!!! What a beautiful slideshow with song lyrics to match. The words of the song go so nicely with the pictures. It was like watching a beautiful happy love story. In some of those pictures you look soooooo in love. You both are so perfect together.
Love always,
Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

@Tau, as long as you take care of my little sister you're number one in my book ;)

@Auntie Judy, i sat all weekend chatting with Pae on Skype and clicking through photos, made the distance between us geographically seem smaller. Still sooooooooo in love!!

Anonymous said...

We met in 2005 :P
Pae

Pae and Guy said...

Hahahaha, yes indeed we did lovely girl! I guess i meant when we met the second time! ;) i love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...