Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Foto - January 21, 2011

I downloaded a free iPhone app called Panorama the other day and was messing with it the past couple days. Instead of making a "Panorama Photo" entry, I decided to use a couple of them for today's Friday Foto. Panorama Photo may become a weekly thing too, who knows!This first panorama is of my little studio room where I've lived for the past 4 years. It's on the fifth floor of an eight story apartment complex. I was really lucky because Pae and her brother lived here and they got me a room right across from their room. Turns out to be one of the best apartment complexes in the area!From my balcony there is a lovely view of...the roof of a badminton court! Ha-ha. When I first got here, it was an empty lot, but there was a view of all of the other apartments as well as the little food businesses along the street. Now, there are echoes of all of the rooms below and the sound of things falling on the tin roof below as well. Luckily the breeze still blows through the apartment if the door and window are open. As it's a badminton court (actually like 5 courts inside) it rises about five stories high...those shuttlecocks can fly pretty high ya know!Next is a panorama of my fifth grade homeroom as seen from behind my desk. This is about a 90 degree angle worth of photo.Next, another school photo. This is the sound lab, where I teach sixth graders. I have sixteen sixth graders total, but we split them into groups of eight. Less hormones flying around the classroom and clashing on a daily basis.This one is of the little restaurant across from the school where I eat if I don't bring cup-o-noodles or microwave food from 7-11 to school for my lunch.And finally a picture from a new Korean restaurant (bbq buffet) that I tried last night. Eating alone in an empty restaurant is odd, but the food was good. I need to gain weight, so I'm cutting back on the small portioned instant and microwave food.

The pictures are bigger if you click on them! TGIF!!

3 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

That is quite an app you got. I gotta get me an iPhone. I have one of those 3g phones. I love the Panorama view.
Also, eat a lot of carbs and you will gain weight. And candy, eat candy and gain weight. I can't eat candy anymore due to pre diabetes and I have to watch my carbs. I lost lots of weight, but I was kinda chunky so the weight loss isn't a big problem. I just miss my pasta and candy. Anyway, great pictures and as always I love to read your blog. Love always, Auntie

Pae and Guy said...

mmmmmmmmm, pasta! i have microwave spaghetti with porkballs in the freezer! guess what's for lunch!

Kevin Hanks said...

Nice pics. I especially love the one of the view out your balcony window... reminds me of living in Brooklyn just above a Jamaican Bakery and having a nice view of the brick wall of the next apartment building out my window! Good times!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...