Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yamsaard Ladprao Annual Show 2010

Another year here teaching at Yamsaard, another Annual Show. This years show seemed to go off without a hitch, the ministry important person showed up for a photo op, the teachers ran around performing their various tasks, the students trickled in with their parents prior to their performances.All in all it was a quick, easy day, although as with other shows, we had to be there on what should have been a day off, national holiday. What made it even worse for me personally was that Pae was in town from Amman, and was leaving later in the evening. I would have much rather spent the day with her. I was put in a reception role, but after one minute behind the reception table, I decided to roam outside of the main entrance and greet parents and students.Much funner, much more interaction that didn't include taking people's money for their ticket to the performance. Instead, I got lots of high fives and smiles.I took some pictures away from the performance. While pre-schoolers all the way up to sixth graders were inside putting on a show, I was outside with my iPhone, so I didn't get any of the kids on stage. Here are some that I was able to take though.The above picture is one of some of my sixth graders. Namwan, Nick, Linda and First. Different levels of ability in the classroom, but when they are together they're a little buddy group.Our traditional dancers were out in force this year. From previous years, I remember only a handful of dancers, but yesterday we had a half dozen or more. Here they are awaiting the arrival of the ministry dignitary. From right to left: Ink, Ice, Fah Sai (clear sky), Mint, Proud and Fern. It was cute, because when their teacher wasn't around telling them to stand up straight, etc., the younger girls in pink were holding tiny babies, taking pictures with them and pinching their cheeks, while the older girls dressed in blue were gossiping and rolling their eyes in true pre-teen fashion. It was cute.Who knows if I'll be here for another Annual Show. If nothing else, it's a chance for me to eat at the nearby Au Bon Pain.

2 comments:

Tau said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Take video next time...hahaha. Hope you got to hang wit Pae for a lil bit that day.

Beccarigg said...

The kids look so darling in their outfits. That 4th one down is my fav. Wish I could've seen the show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...