Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things to see on a quickie stop in London

I've been to London one time, during the World Cup in 2006. Although I spent two days there, I saw pretty much nothing touristy. I spent most of my time in my hotel room and walking around Piccadilly Circus, kinda the Times Square of London. Next time I go I hope to go with Pae, maybe she can show me around!!!Pae recently had a couple flights to London, arriving in the evening and leaving back to Amman the next afternoon. She made the most of her mornings on both occasions shopping in different areas with other crew members.Her first evening in London she saw less as she was flying with a more experienced crew, meaning that they would rather sleep and rest than go out and see the town...kind of a "Been there, done that" type of feeling mixed with, "I gotta fly tomorrow early so better if I get some shut-eye."I think she got to walk around with her friends the first night, but didn't make it out to too many picture taking places.The second time she got a London flight, she flew with Zaid, a newer flight attendant who she was able to go out with after arriving in London, take in the sights, the cool weather, the food, and basically see a little bit of London for the first time!In her one evening, she hit many of the "must see" things in London. Here are some of those places, including Big Ben, The London Eye, a double-decker bus...and even though we're Manchester United fans, she took some pictures outside of Stamford Bridge, home of Chelsea Football Club.These pictures are from her two flights to London so far. I'm sure there will be more trips in the future with other friends. Can't wait for Pae to send some pictures of snowy, icy London...brrrrrr!This next picture is a picture of "Tower Bridge" situated close to the famous "London Bridge" but much more beautiful than London Bridge!! Given its beauty and majesty, many people mistake it for London Bridge, not expecting the actual London Bridge to be a simple, flat bridge over the Thames.Stand by for some pictures of Pae and her roommates on their days off together. They spent a day in Jerash (in Jordan) and today they have a day trip planned to Wadi Mujib, Wadi Arabi and Hammamat Ma'in. Sounds fun!

1 comment:

mardenheyjude said...

Beautiful pictures of Pae and London. I can't wait until the next adventure. Love always, Auntie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...