Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Foto - September 3, 2010

Today I couldn't help putting some food up here. I haven't really gone out to eat since Pae left for Jordan. Eating alone is not my cup of tea. Eating fast food is fine, or ordering something to take home I can do. But sitting in a dining restaurant, by myself, waiting for my food...gets very lonely, especially since it's one of our greatest daily joys...EATING + TOGETHER!!One of the places we would go on occasion is a place less than a kilometer from our apartment called Family BBQ. This is an all-you-can-eat place where you are given a "krata" or grill/boiling pot combo heated with red hot coals and access to all kinds of meats and veggies and sauces...fruit, sushi, ice cream, desserts, fried rice and noodles, curries, larb, tom yam gung, som tam, fries and other deep fried yummy stuff, etc.

We used to eat at Family about once a month when we were hungry and wanted MEAT...actually we used to grill extra meat and sneak it home in a napkin or ziplock to feed the dogs around out apartment! hahaha...I miss that!

So, even though it's lonely, I found myself sitting with a bunch of beef, pork, chicken and mystery meat in front of my very own krata. Sad, I know....this should be a group meal, but...

So, just wanted to share the picture and show you what 109 baht can get you here near our apartment...ALL YOU CAN EAT don't forget...109 baht is about $3.00 U.S. I was stuffed but saw a fruit tray full of fresh melon and cantaloupe...I had like ten slices of each! They only had purple ice cream the day I went...so I passed on it...not sure if it was taro flavor or what. Generally they have taro or coconut.

3 comments:

Pae and Guy said...

I forgot to add that, the way these places make money is that they are always full and there are like 50 or 60 tables. You are required to order drinks, which are not a part of the 109 baht cost. So, a bottle of water is 26 baht, almost a dollar. If you want ice, a small bucket is 30 baht a large bucket 45 baht. THe stuff melts fast so you usually go through two or three buckets! Beer, Coke or Pepsi start getting more expensive. If you're a budget eater you stick with water without ice! Either way, two people eating with Pepsi isn't gonna be more than 500 baht or 15 dollars total!!

mardenheyjude said...

Not fun eating alone. If I lived closer I would join you and you could talk about your life in Thailand while you ate and I could listen and eat, eat, eat. The food sounds delicious and the price is just right. Love always, Auntie

Tau said...

I'm hungry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...