Saturday, August 7, 2010

Spin 'til you puke

Lately I've been spending more time at the gym close to my apartment. I don't go for muscle building or anything like that, I go mainly for the cardio. My cardio of choice is spinning.Our spinning studio is pretty small, and not many people attend the classes. If there aren't at least four members, the spin class is cancelled. I like riding with the music and instructors and all, but I've also gotten used to the calm pain that comes when I spin by myself.I'm left there by myself in a non-air conditioned studio (by choice) to ponder life, to feel the pain in my legs and to try to ride, ride, ride until my body says it's had enough.Today my body was speaking to me after nearly 55 minutes of hill training. I had some really spicy soup for lunch. It didn't combine well with the amount of exertion I was putting out and I nearly puked climbing my imaginary mountain in the Pyrenees.I found an app with an auto timer for my phone. Now I can get some action shots, even when working all alone! I usually laugh at people when they sit taking pictures of themselves...but I guess, who else is there to take their picture right?

5 comments:

mardenheyjude said...

omg!! You look like me after only 20 minutes on the treadmill at the gym. Once I tried a class called th "silver sneakers" for us older folk and by the time 1/2 was up I could hardly walk never mind breath. It was brutal and I never took that class again. hahaha

Pae and Guy said...

I'll be in silver sneakers soon auntie!! A little bit every day and you can work your way up to bigger/farther!

Love you,
Chris

Naomi Hanks said...

Dude! I totally LOVE spin! It is one of my favorite exercises of all time! Glad you have something to do whilst pondering! :)

Beccarigg said...

Hahaha! What app is it? I gotta try it out! Love the action shots and glad your soup didn't actually come out! Keep up the spinning, does a body good!

Pae and Guy said...

Becs, the app is called Camera Plus. Pretty much the best part is the auto timer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...