Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July in Jordan

Pae has been working very hard in training the past month and is just about to get back up in the air. There is all kinds of training for flight attendants to go through actually. From safety to service, first aid to aircraft familiarization, basic training and recurrent training. All of this training requires a lot of self study and review for tests, tests that do basically two things.The tests assess your knowledge/learning as well as determine the seniority within a batch of flight attendants who started with RJ at the same time. Higher scores, higher up the seniority ladder. Seniority is used mostly for scheduling preference from what I have heard, but I'm sure it has something to do with promotion and things like that as well.Pae has had a long month of classes and studying. This past Friday, her only day off during training, she took a quick trip to the Dead Sea again with 6 or 7 friends. The trip was supposed to take them to Petra and Aqaba, but an over heated rental car engine shortened their trip to only the Dead Sea. THey were smart and decided to limp their way home, stopping occasionally to allow the engine to cool, rather than get stuck in the middle of the desert.From the pictures, it looks like they had a great time getting all muddy in the Dead Sea mud! They actually sell souvenir mud as facial masks...Pae brought back a couple bags of mud last time she was home...I get muddy about once a week, trying to fix my face!Here are some pictures that Pae has sent back from the past month or so. Although she misses home, she is settling in Amman, making friends and finding her happy places, people and things. One of these things would obviously be ice cream!! Just had to throw that in there, who doesn't love ice cream?Training will finish soon and Pae will hopefully get a more regular schedule, if not we play it by ear...that is, me visiting in October when I have a week off from school. And who knows, maybe she'll pick up a Bangkok flight in the months between now and then! Fingers crossed! I miss you baby...

2 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

Ahhh you guys make me sad! I would die if I had to be away from Kevin for so long! I hope that flight in October works out...and definitely some in between!

Beccarigg said...

beautiful, adorable Pae, no wonder Chris misses you : ( I hope you guys get to see each other soon! I agree with Gomer, I don't do well without my other half.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...