Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Royal Jordanian Airlines

News Flash-

With Pae's university graduation no more than a few weeks behind us, we have good news on the employment front. As many of you know, Pae has been applying for jobs as cabin crew (flight attendant) for several airlines in the past few months. She worked with Orient Thai for several months and has been offered jobs with Royal Brunei Airlines and Royal Jordanian Airlines.Yesterday she signed a letter of intent (basically a short version of her contract) with Royal Jordanian and will be flying to Amman, Jordan on May 1st to have a complete medical examination. When she passes the physical, she'll start preparing for training which starts the first week of May.

All of the details still have to be ironed out, all we know at this point is that she leaves for Amman on May 1st. It's bittersweet for Pae as she will be leaving home, her family, her fiance, her friends, her Thailand...but we're always gonna be here for her! This is a great opportunity to experience life, to get out in the world, spread her wings both literally and figuratively. I'm so very happy that she'll get to have these experiences before we get married and before we settle down (settle down translates to "have babies").I foresee frequent trips to Jordan in my future with an eye on possible employment in the area within the next year or so. I'm scheduled to sign a new one-year contract with my school Friday but again, I am starting to explore the area and get a feel for the jobs situation for an American.

Jordan is bordered by Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Israel, and even Egypt to the south. It should be an interesting area with an interesting diversity of cultures and people. We'll get to swim in the Dead Sea and probably finally be able to head south to Cairo for a weekend someday! Am I thinking too far in advance? I'm excited for Pae, for us. This is our life...and we're LIVING IT!! Good luck Pae, I love you and know you're gonna do great!

We'll keep everyone updated as much as possible. It's been a whirlwind month or two, and now the fruits of Pae's hard work and determination. Please join me again in wishing her safe flying!

4 comments:

Naomi Hanks said...

I'm so excited for both of you! It sounds like there are a lot of amazing experiences waiting just around the corner for you guys and I am proud of you both for taking them on and making things happen.

Pae will do amazing at her new job and will never regret taking this time to progress and grow. Also, she will be much better prepared to be a wife and mother after she has had time to develop as an individual. You guys are amazing and I wish you the very best this year in all that you do. We sure love you!

Beccarigg said...

Wow! That is huge news! Geez, you guys are world travelers aren't you?! Congrats to Pae, what a great opportunity. And I agree with Naomi, Pae will be so grateful she had the chance to do this and have this experience before you guys "settle down" : ) I loved working after I got my degree and feel like it really prepared me to be a good mom. Anyway, can't wait to hear more about Jordan! Love you guys!

Moxy Jane said...

Bangkok, Jordan...nice, quiet, peaceful places;-)

Congrats to Pae and hurrah to you for supporting her in her new adventures!!

Keep the postcards coming!!!

Love you both!

Grandma Pratt said...

Congratulations Pae. I'm so happy for the both of you. What an exciting life. I wish you both all the happiness in the world.
Love from Grandma Pratt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...