Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Foto - September 11, 2009

Perhaps one of the most dramatic images during my life so far. I remember video of the Berlin Wall coming down. I remember the space shuttle Challenger blowing up only minutes after launch. Those were huge. The pictures on the front page of the Boston papers after the Red Sox won their first World Series in 9 decades, another that will be with me forever. But the World Trade Center towers burning and crumbling before my eyes (television from the computer lab in the Marriott School at BYU actually) will forever be ingrained deep in my mind.

I worked for Deloitte & Touche for two and a half years as a forensic accountant. The New York office is located right on ground zero. I trained down there as well as worked on several projects that required me to be in NYC for long stretches. I found myself staring out the window many days at the empty NYC block that used to be the two towers. Now there was just a ramp and workers leading down into the pit. Hard not to just sit there at the window and stare down at it with a totally blank mind.

Remembering all those touched by that day's events.

1 comment:

Titan and I said...

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was working security at the Venetian and was on my way in. I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the radio. When I got to work, all the tv's were tuned into the tragic event.

A very sad day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...