Thursday, July 16, 2009

Swine Flu Update...

Our school has three branches, one in Rangsit (in the middle of a swamp), one in Bangkok (my branch) and one in Hua Hin (beach town down south). I last reported that our school had two total confirmed cases of the swine flu, yet we were not included in the recent school closure of all government schools.

Today brought news that our Rangsit campus (where I taught my first six months in Thailand) has six cases and they are being closed for five days to spray the campus, and I guess kinda reverse quarantine the students. Apparently the teachers still have to go to school though, so it actually sucks for them as the days missed by the students will likely be made up at a later date. A few days off would be nice, but not if it means lengthening the semester with five makeup days.

I guess, as of now, I can count my lucky stars that we aren't closed and my October week off between the school terms is still on! If they cancel classes for a few days here at our Bangkok campus, I guess I can stop eying those bright yellow jockey bikini bottoms that are waiting to be purchased by yours truly in preparation for a quick jaunt down to the beaches during break! Yeah Baby!! **Austin Powers British twang** I think I just threw up in my mouth!

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

hahahahaha! Man, I really hope you get that October break cuz I wanna see PICS of you in your little yellow speedo! hahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...