Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All you ever wanted to know about Farts

One of my sixth graders recently asked me, out of thin air, what "farts" are made of. After a brief explanation, I felt it more appropriate to sent him googling.

To make sure I was familiar with what he might come back with, I also went googling and wiki-ing. Wikipedia is a great source of information on pretty much anything and everything.

If you have a spare 20 minutes to sit and read, and educate yourself on the causes of flatulence and its gaseous makeup follow this link to go to Wikipedia's page on Flatulence. While serious and mostly scientific, you can't help giggling every now and then. I guess it's the tone of the entry overall that is entertaining. The last sentence under the heading "Mechanism of Action" particularly had my laughing out loud...

What did I learn? Let's see, I thought there was much more methane in a fart...I never knew about the "fart tax" but I think it's interesting...diffusion of fart gases into the blood and eventually to the lungs and subsequent exhalation of said gas was unexpected, but might explain why people often tell me that my breath smells like butt!

3 comments:

Beccarigg said...

LOL! Okay, so I was wondering how old you were turning last week. I'm guessing close to 15 right? ; ) really though, I think farts are pretty much hilarious. I even have Kevin H. convinced that I can fart on command (which I think has moved me up on his coolness scale) I don't think it's a very good example for my girls but I gotta let 'em out, and when I do I can't help but laugh!

Liz Uda said...

ha ha ha ha ha dude that is so funny yet so sad at the same time that I went to that link and read it... I too laughed my head off. Love it chris. that is so appropriate for you... Ps your breath doesn't smell like butt all the time, but its been awhile so.. yea... love ya

Manda said...

Ha ha! This is hilarious, but I would deem it more appropriate to call them "fluffs" like my mom does (and I think others of the Brown family). Oh, and we must remember that my mom's (Carol) do not smell bad. Only waftes of roses emit from her! Wiki-fact=0, Carol-fact=1.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...