Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another O.C. giggler

Second grade O.C.'s auntie stopped by a couple weeks ago and asked me to tutor O.C. an hour a week on Fridays. He's pretty weak in English and it is affecting his math and science scores as they are taught in English.

I was tutoring him on Feb. 13 when he randomly produced a small construction paper Valentine's Day card. He said, "Teacher Guy, I made this for my mom."

I told him, "That's cute O.C., she'll like it. I made one for my 'fan'"

****'Fan' is the Thai word for 'girlfriend'.

O.C. looked at me with a crinkled brow and said, "I don't have a 'fan', my big love is video games."

He folded up his Valentine creation, stuffed it in his front pocket, and we continued talking about gravity and friction. The kid is a never-ending fountain of great quotes!

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

LOL! I wish I wrote down funny quotes when I was teaching! Those are priceless. The only one I remember is when I was teaching Jr. High and I was pregnant with Teya. I was pretty huge toward the end and one day while I was eating a rice crispy treat at the back of the classroom a boy came up to me and said, "Stop Mrs. Rigg, don't you think you're big enough already?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...