Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad Monkey

Monkeys are one of the animals you often see in random places around Thailand. Not as common as Soi dogs or elephants working the sois, but they are common at certain tourist attractions and temples. Usually there are people selling bananas or long green beans to feed to the monkeys. The furry little things usually snatch the food from your had and run a few feet away and chow down. Some of the adult monkeys will bully the little ones and steal their little bananas. So if you want to make sure the cute little ones get enough food, you kinda have to chase them up a flimsy tree to where the bigger monkeys can't get to them easily and then feed them from there! Otherwise the bigger ones will whack them on the head or back, and steal their food.

Last time I fed the monkeys, I was down to my last few bananas and offered one to a monkey "guarding" the men's toilet. In true sentinel form, he leaned forward, looked me in the eye, and screeched angrily as if to say "I don't want your stinkin' banana, go pee somewhere else white boy!" I then stuffed my camera in his face to which he went absolutely bananas, pardon the pun!

2 comments:

Kevin Hanks said...

Apparently he doesn't like the strange methane smell wafting up into his little home! Or maybe it's the tremors...

Beccarigg said...

Umm, I'm glad there are no monkeys guarding my commode, that would be a little scary! You sure live in an interesting place though, how cool to be able to feed little monkeys like people feed squirrels out here!

Hey also wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog! Yeah, I totally wonder how the heck mom did it with all of us and why Minnesota is so far from Utah all the time! It would be nice to live closer, but luckily Taber is a great support. After I left that message he called me back and offered to bring home some take out for dinner. Good guy ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...